A religious in-state college may operate or solicit in Kentucky if the college submits to the Council an application for exemption. For more information about exemption criteria, view 13 KAR 1:020 Section 2(7).
- Bethlehem Outdoor College
- Commonwealth Baptist College
- Covenant Baptist Theological Seminary
- Hopkinsville College of the Bible
- Life Christian University of Frankfort
- Life College Inc.
- Louisville Bible College
- Metropolitan Christian University
- Mission Journeys Global Bible School
- Peniel Bible School of Ministry and Theological Seminary
- Victory Bible Training College
- Wesley School of Divinity
A religious in-state college may operate or solicit in Kentucky if the college submits to the council an Application for Religious In-State College Letter of Exemption per KRS 164.947(2). The institution shall submit an application each year by the anniversary of its initial submission date. As part of the application, the institution shall verify compliance with the requirements established in this subsection.
(a) The institution shall be nonprofit, owned, maintained, and controlled by a church or religious organization which is exempt from property taxation under the laws of Kentucky.
(b) The name of the institution shall include a religious modifier or the name of a religious patri-arch, saint, person, or symbol of the church.
(c) The institution shall offer only educational programs that prepare students for religious voca-tions as ministers or laypersons in the categories of ministry, counseling, theology, religious edu-cation, administration, religious music, religious fine arts, media communications, or social work.
(d) The titles of degrees issued by the institution shall be distinguished from secular degree ti-tles by including a religious modifier that:
- Immediately precedes, or is included within, any degree title, including an Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Master of Arts, Master of Science, Advanced Practice Doctorate, Doctor of Philosophy, or Doctor of Education degree; and
- Is placed on the title line of the degree, on the transcript, and whenever the title of the de-gree appears in official school documents or publications.
(e) The duration of all degree programs offered by the institution shall be consistent with Sec-tion 8(8)(b) of this administrative regulation.
(f) The institution shall comply with the truth in advertising requirements established in Section 8(11) of this administrative regulation.
(g)1. The institution shall disclose to each prospective student:
- A statement of the purpose of the institution, its educational programs, and curricula;
- A description of its physical facilities;
- Its status regarding licensure;
- Its fee schedule and policies regarding retaining student fees if a student withdraws;
- Its refund policy on tuition and other instructional charges; and
- A statement regarding the transferability of credits to and from other institutions.
- The institution shall make the disclosures required by subparagraph 1. of this paragraph in writing at least one (1) week prior to enrollment or collection of any tuition from the prospective student. The required disclosures may be made in the institution’s current catalog.
(h) The institution shall not seek to be eligible for state or federal financial aid.