To offset the cancellation of the 2020 Student Success Summit, CPE is offering virtual professional development opportunities for those who may have participated.
An Alternate Reality: Higher Education and COVID-19, May 19, Noon ET
In collaboration with the Academic Leadership Development Institute (ALDI), CPE is excited to sponsor "An Alternate Reality: Higher Education and COVID-19." Dr. Tiffany Beth Mfume, assistant vice president for Student Success and Retention at Morgan State University, will discuss the impact of COVID-19 on college campuses and the measures taken at Morgan State University to maintain student success efforts for the spring, summer, and fall terms.
Mfume has helped her university achieve ten point increases in retention and graduation rates. Her work has garnered such awards as the Hobsons Education Advances Award for Student Success and Advisement, the Association of Public and Land-grant Universities Turning Points: from Setback to Student Success Award, and the Association of Public and Land-grant Universities (APLU) Project Degree Completion Award.
At the conclusion of Dr. Mfume’s address, we will offer breakout sessions for critical areas going into the summer term. We hope you can join us!
- Mental Health Outreach, facilitated by Rachel Evans, University of Louisville.
- Advising, facilitated by Jessica Kern, Maysville Community and Technical College.
- Freshman Orientation and Registration, facilitated by Dr. Sarah Ballard and Taylor Blair, University of Kentucky.
- Summer Programming, facilitated by Dr. Charles Holloway, Kentucky State University.
- Q&A with Dr. Mfume (reserved for ALDI cohort participants only).